Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#ChooseBeautiful


Hello friends,
as soon as I saw this video I just knew I had to write about it. This video is made by Dove, which is spending so much time and effort to make women feel beautiful (and I absolutely love that!). As I am someone who has struggled a lot with self-image (and sometimes still does) it is important to share this message with the world.



So this is the video I'm talking about. The concept seems easy: you have two entrances, each with a different name. You go through the door that you define yourself with and that's all. But it is heart-breaking to see this. Just imagine how much worse everything would've been if the 'Average' door said 'Ugly'. Can you just imagine how many people would go through that door? This is not okay. I want to speak up for those who don't feel beautiful.

Source


 Beautiful is a feeling to me, it's all in the mind. If you keep telling your mind that you're average, then you will keep believing that, which is not the truth. It is hard to erase such a thought, but it is worth it. Tell yourself every single day that you are beautiful and say 3 things you like about yourself. It doesn't matter if it's something on the inside or outside. Focus on them for a while. Smile in front of the mirror. Sometimes I still look at myself as a person with an ugly smile, but I want people to know that I'm not sad anymore. I am not sad anymore. I am happy to be alive and that is so important. Be happy that you are alive. 

Source


People tend to romanticize insecurity: that is so wrong. Trust me, the most beautiful thing is to love yourself and be confident about who you are. Confidence is the sexiest thing in the world. Society will also associate "ugly" with fat. Stop there. Fat people exist, some people happen to be fat and some people happen to be skinny. But fat can be beautiful, I mean, just because society tries to fool you in thinking that only skinny people are beautiful, doesn't mean that that's true. Anyone, from skinny to fat, can feel ugly. Don't base it on someone's weight. Skinny people don't want to hear that they're "not that skinny" and fat people don't want to hear that they're "not that fat". No. Tell them how pretty they look. Tell them how much you like their personality. Tell them how you love that new dress that they bought. Praise the things that they are in control of.

Source


I used to struggle a lot with my weight and looking back it is weird to even think about it. I used to hate myself because I was fat. I never was fat. I still am not and who knows if I ever will be. Sure, I am not skinny, but just because I'm not skinny should mean that I am fat? No. I choose not to define myself with that. Not because I assume it as a bad thing, just simply because I am not fat. It is the same as I would define myself as a dark-toned person. I am not dark-toned, but I am not snow-white, so why would I identify myself with it?

Source

To get back to the subject: every woman should feel beautiful no matter what. It is so wrong that people have such a hard time appreciating themselves. I remember once in class, our teachers asked us to write down 3 things that we liked about ourselves and 3 things we didn't like about ourselves. I think that I almost cried because I was so proud of myself that I had a hard time finding 3 things that I didn't like about myself. It just means the world to me that I am feeling happy with who I am right now.

Long story short: you, reading this, are beautiful, whether you figured that out yourself yet or not.

Much love 
Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment